Thursday, January 14, 2010

2x2 s in my living room.

Yes there are 2x2s in my tiny living room. 2 2x2s to be exact. I promised an update..

Kat and Sport are learning them 'correctly' and its been going well. I have done more work with Kat than Darien has with Sport, but Sport is so smart its like he studies it in between sessions. Kat is now finding the entrance on both sets rotated slightly greater than 45 degrees. I was throwing a ball to get her to drive away. Note: The speckly one has a natural retrieve! She brought it back to me every time.

I had started shaping Bounce so she is learning them in a modified way. She is happily going through the same set up as Kat but with more dependence on my body language.

I have been tweaking Kaiden and Dekka's weave pole work. Kaiden seem to have learnt back when that you enter the weaves between the handler and the pole. So if I try to off side weave he enters wrong. So I have just been sending him too a single 2x2 and rewarding for finding the right entrance. With Dekka I have been working on her finding the entrance when sent at crazy angles.

Can't wait for the snow to go.. Only how many more months yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment