Sunday, January 24, 2010

Disapointment whilst watching Dollhouse


Ok so I love all things Joss Whedon. Firefly is amazing, as is Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog. I am even enjoying Dollhouse. BUT why why why!!! When one has a plot about a woman who loves horses you would think that you would research a little about horses.

I mean we are talking things that any woman who was a horse loving girl would know.

First off the horse that is the 'clients' favorite is not a fancy horse. Just a nice solid plan horse. This is NOT a race horse! As well a person doesn't ride around on their race horse. Race horse's careers are pretty much over by the time they are 4. Their lives are regimented and they live on the track. This horse is muscled as a riding horse NOT a race horse. This horse moves like a cross between a constipated pony and a pile driver.

As well the horse goes like crap when being ridden, it goes totally inverted... a no no, regardless of what style of riding you do. A very expensive riding horse does not look like that horse, neither does an expensive race horse.

The riding level is extremely poor as well. Ok so a fair number of people with more money than ability ride horses. I have seen it often. But usually they don't ride like a sad sack of potatoes (ok so some are a little sack like... but I still argue that someone who's first love was their horses would not be into abusing their horses every ride) I felt so sorry for that poor horse in both scenes. Cantering a long like a good boy and getting the shit kicked out of his kidneys by poor riders repeatedly slamming on his back...

This totally ruined this episode for me. Its not because I am 'in the biz'. This would have offended me when I was 12. Shame on you Mr Whedon

No comments:

Post a Comment