Friday, January 22, 2010

Lab dog

Dekka in the wetlab at Trent U. She says daphnia are sooo boring. There is a study going on with Japanese quail across the hall. Dekka would very much like to 'help' them research flight behaviour in the quail .

Wandering around school with my dog was funny. I have no classes on Thursdays, but work, so its a perfect day to bring the little dog with me. I went to go pick up my travel mug I had forgot in the biology dept office. Dekka is a very small dog, and the hall was pretty crowded with students waiting to get into the teaching labs. There were so many exclamations about 'wow look a dog!' 'oh hey a dog' etc. I would think the surprising thing is that there is a dog trotting down the biology wing, not that she is a dog. Dekka has been a dog for 5 years now so its not a new thing.

I do love that she is very well behaved and can just chill whilst I centrefuge things, wash things, count neonatal daphnia etc. It makes work all the more pleasant when you can take a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment